Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any thoughts on why sometimes my 2005 CTD 6spd does not want to spool up/build boost/power? seems to be limited at times - is that factory controlling some setting? Was a TX truck now in Maine - any elevation/pressure settings?

rolling on 22.5 10 bolts right now and have not re-calibrated?

running currently a 5in stack - back pressure issue?

other than that stock 27,000 miles - runs perfect otherwise????

Just falls on its face sometimes and seems to cut out - almost like a rev limiter in a gasser?

Thanks!

need :peelout

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
Any thoughts on why sometimes my 2005 CTD 6spd does not want to spool up/build boost/power? seems to be limited at times - is that factory controlling some setting? Was a TX truck now in Maine - any elevation/pressure settings?

rolling on 22.5 10 bolts right now and have not re-calibrated?

running currently a 5in stack - back pressure issue?

other than that stock 27,000 miles - runs perfect otherwise????

Just falls on it face sometimes and seems to cut out - almost like a rev limiter in a gasser?

Thanks!

need :peelout

Any chip or tuner on the truck?

Only things that jumps out at me are fuel pressure, test your lift pump, possible wastegate problems?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No chip/tuning (yet)...how does one test their LP?

Dave - also I am in the market to remove the stack (sell it) and get a good flowing, nice sound but not defening exhaust, intake, tune...etc any rec's appreciated.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
Most decent garages should be able to attach a manual fuel pressure gauge for you. Looking for no less than 5-6 PSI at wide open throttle and I said decent garage, not the dealer LOL their flow test does not tell you anything, you need to do a pressure test at WOT.

Recommendations

BD X-Tuner
BD X-Intake
BD Single or Dual Exhaust Kit

I know my recommendations sound bias but I run them on my truck by choice not because we make them. To prevent sounding too bias, take a look at the Ice Box Intakes offered on the forum through jbarker, some of the best quality I have seen yet!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do...No worries on "bias" - we all have to keep the lights on and w/ fuel costs - I have not prob w/ you marketing to make a $....I asked you answered

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update - Spoke to Cummins NE and leading thought is since I have not re-calibrated my abs/speedo for the 22.5's that sensor's/engine is retarding full power when it is reading a discrepency on speed/rpm....having it recal'd Friday.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
Update - Spoke to Cummins NE and leading thought is since I have not re-calibrated my abs/speedo for the 22.5's that sensor's/engine is retarding full power when it is reading a discrepency on speed/rpm....having it recal'd Friday.
Keep us posted, I have great diesel shop/BD dealer in Maine too, if you ever need assistance.

Diesel Power System, Bangor, ME
Talk to Corey

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Keep us posted, I have great diesel shop/BD dealer in Maine too, if you ever need assistance.

Diesel Power System, Bangor, ME
Talk to Corey
Nice - I appreciate the shop contact!...well latest is:

Dealer is replacing my CP3 injection pump under warranty - explains the power loss situations...still worried the poorly designed transfer (or in tank lift) pump on OEM 2005+ CTD's is suspect. May be time for a FASS or Airdog LP comments?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts