Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of fuel mileage should i be getting with a 04.5 2500 4x4 auto trans around town and highway (the truck is stock), i am only getting 13.5 on highway and 11 when towing about 8500lbs travel trailer and 13 around town. any help would be welcomed. thanks.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Read signature...

Talk to Dorkweed he's getting 19 MPG dranging a trailer around with his 3rd Gen truck...

·
Registered
208 Posts
There is no way an 04.5 will get close to an 02 - but you really should be getting better than 13.5 on the hwy. Keep it under 70 and that should gain you some numbers. Also in the city for better milage try to keep out of the throttle. I can get 18 in traffic city driving keeping it under 1500 RPM, but it sure does piss off everyone around me from going so slow.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
but it sure does piss off everyone around me from going so slow.
You haven't seen slow yet... Here is Idaho the normal highway speeds are 65 MPH...

When I can set my cruise at 55 MPH (in a 65 MPH) and pass semi-trucks, motorhomes and ricers still that slow...:lol3:
Alot of people is Idaho are relly starting to slow down. The price of fuel is really getting to us. When you figure a trip to the local grocery store is a 120-200 mile round trip you better make it last...

Local cops are getting bored... Can't bust a local anymore but those darn out of towners are still speeding through with BMW's and such...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Are yall serious?? We have a 03 dodge 2500, that is completly stock, and when going bewtwwen the farm and town(only 15miles) we can get 23mpg, and when on the highway we can get 26mpg. And when we have a 24 foot stock trailer completly loaded with cows, we can still get 16

·
Registered
197 Posts
Had to make two 600+ mile (one way) trips to eastern Colorado recently. First trip ran at speedlimit (75 on interstate, 65 other hiways). Second trip ran at 2000 rpm in 6th gear (64 mph). Used Cruise both times, winds were similar, empty truck both times, and about 250 miles are interstate the way I go. First trip got a hand calculated 17.8 MPG. Second trip got a hand calculated 21.9 mpg. I now run at a max of 64 mph no matter what. I have even seen my loaded mileage go up from 9.5 or so to 10.5-11.5 depending on winds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts