Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 06 dodge 4x4 2500 quad cab sports package 9000 miles on it. I have intsalled the pillar guages , trans temp, pyro, and boost. I also have the diablosport predater power puck combo set to performance and fuel effiecency. Plus a boost fooler. My computer in the truck says Im getting 23 miles to the gallon when I hand calculate I get 15 miles to te gallon. Wonder what you think I thougth the cummins was suppsos to get better fuel mileage. Wonder what you guys think?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Depends on how you drive and where you're driving. I get 18 with a mix of city/hwy driving, 2000 pounds of tools and parts in the bed, with no programmer. I was getting 11 with my '06 powerstroke so to me the Cummins does get way better mileage.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
it about 17-18mpgs mixed driving as well. the highest my overhead has ever read was about 19.8. i have about 90000miles now and i feal that my truck is just starting to break in now as i've been having the fs2500 filter system on my truck from day one. also been running synthentic since day one.
some people say that using synthecs from the begining is bad but oh well.....my truck has been running perfert. other then a fan blower issue.:thumbsup

·
Registered
493 Posts
My 4x4 Dually gets 18mpg with mixed driving... Up to 20mpg mostly highway at speed limit... Hand calculated.... My overhead is normally high by 1mpg....

·
Registered
866 Posts
The best I have gotten out of mine is 15. I stay between 14 and 15 usually.

·
Registered
99 Posts
put some more miles on it. it will loosen up and get better.

·
Registered
830 Posts
with about an 80/20 mix of mostly city driving, i'm only seeing 15 right now also. doesn't seem to matter if i drive a tank hard or keep it under 2k rpm all the time, it's been coming out about the same.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
My 06 is bone stock and I get 18.5 to 20.5 mpg empty driving the freeway, but then I do keep my speed at or below 65 MPH. Being you only have 9K on it with another 5-10,000 miles your mpg may come up a few mpg. Also have you worked that engine hard by either hauling or towing some weight to get it fully broke in? If not it can take another 10-15K to get it broke in if you don't work it hard.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
getting some more miles on it and dumping the factory muffler will help

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
The "Overhead Idiot" is ALWAYS wrong...:rof

Get a ScanGauge II and you'll be able to calibrate to your fuel system and see live fuel mileage readings... Like you see in the sig below...

As for the MPG here is a good write up on how to get to where I'm at...

Better MPG's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts