Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first bought my truck it was bone stock and it got pretty good mileage. And in seeking out better mileage I added a 5" turbo back exhaust and cold air intake. Now it seems like its gone down after all that. This includes highway driving at the same speeds as before with the cruise on and in town driving. I know with me hammering down to hear the turbo screaming and the exhaust howling so I can understand that making it worse than before. But I try not to do that much and I do take that into consideration.

Why is my mileage getting worse when it should be getting better? Do I just need a tunner or box or something? I've read about people losong some power down low and maybe some mileage by adding the big exhaust. People suggested that a tuner would fix that issue. Do I need to get a tuner so I can get my mileage back up again???? Or what is the solution if not that?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've read quiet a few posts on here talking about the silencer ring. One of the things more than one person had mentioned was the way it would drop your MPG. Guess it's a trade off if you wanna hear the turbo that bad. I've deleted my muffler, changed out the air intake and put a programmer on. With the 33s I'm still hitting about 16mpg. But my truck is still under 2500 miles on it. :beer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts