Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 2500 4x4 auto and im only getting about 14-14.5 mpg on average. I have a k&n filter and a 4' exhaust kit without the resonator. Ive heard conflicting reports that something is wrong and I should be getting at least 16-18 in town and Ive also heard nothings wrong and this is all I should expect. Any ideas??? And if so, directions to head??

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Check for codes, sep the IAT and MAP. If no codes are present, remove and clean the IAT with carb cleaner.

I get 18 mpg on the highway, 15 to 17 around here depending on how I drive it, and 14 to 15 towing a 5k lb RV. Driving style makes a big difference.

Ops

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no codes yet, but I will try cleaning the IAT

·
Registered
947 Posts
Still have stock injectors? 275's or Mach 1.6 will improve the mileage.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes.....still stock just about everything. Trying to get a little better mpg without a bunch of money and without having to sell the truck

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the same problem 01 ctd auto 4x4 shorty my milage counter in roof has always been right on know can be running 55 and it will buonc from14 to 15 then ill floor it make it kick down for 50 ft or so then go back to55 will read 21 and 22 like normal till i climb a hill then its back to 14 to 15 till i kick it down again i feel 4 ya parks ive been dealing with this 4 3 monthes hope u get it fixed dont let anyone tell you its the fuel my 90 still gets 21 on the same fuel good luck

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah....i think im just gonna have to break down and buy a tuner ad an intake and get it over with

1 - 8 of 8 Posts