Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 dodge cummins, Wherever my truck sits their allways is a fresh puddle on the ground which is diesel fuel, not big puddle only about 4 inches wide, I recently had my lift pump replaced, and the next day I decided to drain any water that was in by my fuel filter by the valve on top, a little comes out, then I shut the valve start up the truck and fuel is just pooring out of the hose :banghead: , shut it off wiggle the vavle up and down and start it up and nothing was fuel was not comming out of the hose. Occasionally when I start my truck up it will crank for about 6 secs before it will start, this is very random when it does this. I was wondering if anyone has had any problems like this before, Im not sure if it has something to do with the new lift pump or the valve on the fuel filter housing. Let me know what you guys think

Thank you,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oops, sorry can someone please move this to the 1998.5-2002 section

·
Registered
341 Posts
where is the leak dripping from cause it is dripping down the side of the bell housing on your tranny it is either the T fitting for the return lines or the Banjo bolt on the back of the head

·
Registered
433 Posts
I had a hard start issue. In the morning I would have to crank it for a few seconds before it would start. Was worse below 3/8 tank of fuel. Just fixed with new injector cross tube o-rings. Now it starts right up.

If you fiddled with the water drain and now have a leak it makes sense to look more closely at it before going on to other possible issues. I have had to replace mine already.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k I took apart the drain valve, clean it out spotlessly replaced the o-rings put some oil around the o-rings, and it still leaks out of the hose and is a pain to start sometimes, I think the drain valve is bad, does anyone know where to find one?

·
Registered
24 Posts
k I took apart the drain valve, clean it out spotlessly replaced the o-rings put some oil around the o-rings, and it still leaks out of the hose and is a pain to start sometimes, I think the drain valve is bad, does anyone know where to find one?
i need a new 1 too

·
Registered
512 Posts
dodge dealer only. I had to get one about a year ago, but cant remember the price.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
junk yards, pick a part.....the valve is not sold separately, and dealers want a ridiculous amount of cash for em. if it were me I would probably tap the holes and goto the hardware store and get some brass fittings and a needle valve. or if you still got a stock pump pick up an airdog since it comes with a water separator built in. ofcourse I couldnt justify the airdog price tag so I went with a raptor. another option is ditch the stock filter housing all together and purchase a generic diesel filter setup from napa.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts