Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys first i thought the leak was comming from my rail but i think i found that its comming from the bottom of my cp3. my truck wasnt leaking any fuel then i removed the cp3 and the rail and put them back on and had a leak. i couldnt find the leak comming from the rail so i checked the cp3 put my hand under it and my hand was soaked in fuel. so my question is, is where can fuel be leaking out of the cp3? can it be leaking from anywhere or is there only a couple places 4 a cp3 to be leaking from? i would rather not take the cp3 off again and put it back on to fix the leak so is there a couple things i can just re tighten and check or should i just take it off clean evgerything and put it abck on? thanks 4 the help guys.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump.....................

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuel Leak. I think from CP3.

hey guys ive had a fuel leak 4 awhile now and its getting worse and worse, it didnt leak any fuel before but then i took the rail and cp3 off send them out to be modded got them back and reinstalled and then i had a leak. i thought it was comming from one of my feed tubes 4 the longest time but i came to the conclusion that its not comming from them or at leased i dont think so. then i put my hand under the cp3 while my truck was running and my hand was soaked in fuel so that leads me to believe that its comming from the cp3. so i took the cp3 off went over all the screw (thinking maybe the guy who modded left a screw loose) put some gasket sealer over some screws that look like they could be leaking and put it back together. fired it up and it still leaks. is there some comming place 4 the cp3 to be leaking from under it or dos anyone have a clue on what to do? the truck dosnt run any different just has a leak thats getting worse.

·
Registered
252 Posts
were having the same problem on a buddys 04 its leaking from the cp3 at the bottom and giving it fuel makes the leak turn into a squirt! any ideas on this

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
were having the same problem on a buddys 04 its leaking from the cp3 at the bottom and giving it fuel makes the leak turn into a squirt! any ideas on this

well i sold that truck a long time ago, but my leak ended up being from a mod that was done to the pump from a company who modded my pump. the fix was to pull the plug out and put jb weld around the thread and over the top of the bolt to seal it. and that got rid of my leak. but mine was only leaking because i had the pump modded.

·
Registered
835 Posts
well i sold that truck a long time ago, but my leak ended up being from a mod that was done to the pump from a company who modded my pump. the fix was to pull the plug out and put jb weld around the thread and over the top of the bolt to seal it. and that got rid of my leak. but mine was only leaking because i had the pump modded.

i see you sold your 3rd gen and got a 1st gen? if thats the case... are you happy with it? im thinking of doing the same thing. i need to get out from under these payments.

thanks
erik

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya its cool, i like the way these old trucks look and i dont have to worry about getting a scratch on my 50k truck, its just a scratch on a 3k truck. only problem with these trucks are there old and most of them will be beat up and need a ton of work, and the transmission and VE pump is crap if you want to make some good power.

·
Registered
835 Posts
if i sell mine i want a 2nd gen 12v or a 1st gen.... i just HATE these payments... only problem is i have put alot of money into mine instead of putting the money towards paying it off.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if i sell mine i want a 2nd gen 12v or a 1st gen.... i just HATE these payments... only problem is i have put alot of money into mine instead of putting the money towards paying it off.

lol, ya thats the same thing i did. i drove my 06 off the lot at 45k put down 20k. had it for about 3 years and put over 25k in mods on it and got into a bad spot where i need to get rid of the monthly payment and had to sell it for 25k to pay it off and pay for other stuff i needed to take care off. if i would of just paid it off with the money i spent in mods i would still have a new truck with probably = mods by now.

·
Registered
835 Posts
So.... From your past experience, what would your advice be? Should i sell my truck and go for a 1st or 2nd gen? maybe a truck and a little car? I just need a second opinion. Bought mine for 18k 2 years ago. Put 10k worth of maintenance and add ons. Owe 10k still....

·
Registered
252 Posts
it leaks between the 2 halves of the pump and it only does it when its cold, as soon as its warm it doesnt leak a drop!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts