Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have a fuel leak, have for a while now, and really just noticed had bad it was last week. after parking the truck after a little hard driving, it will make a spot on the ground about the size of a softball within 3mins or so. its coming from the back of the motor around the last injector, cant see exactly from where tho. i've had my diablo on since last spring and have put about 10-15k on it......

has anyone else had a related problem like this, did the diablo increase rail pressure and cause a leak to develop?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Check the injector fuel line going to the #6 injector. It's known to fracture from vibration over time. There's an update kit that has a bracket to solve this problem.

WARNING, DO NOT stick your hand back there to check while the engine is running. High pressure fuel can be injected into your skin and can kill and maim. Use a piece of cardboard to check.

MikeyB

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i'll do that when i get home tomarr or sat... doesnt seem like theres anything spraying but never know... its right behind that engine eye hook, the lift ring or whatever!

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no but its not a dumping leak... lol, cause it runs down and drips of the tranny area. wouldnt the crankcase vent be located towards the bottom of the motor.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
puck leak

I put a puck on my 06 and had it on 90hp and after about a week of having it on i got a leak in the fuel rail and it was spraying out. now the truck cuts out when it is floored and the dealer can't figure that out yet because it doesnt set off any codes. any body know what would cause it to cut out, it does it with the puck on or off.

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i run my programmer on a 100 and the puck on 90... wheres that crankcase vent located at?

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok i was looking at it today.. when the truck is at idle, no leak can be seen from anywhere when laying underneath looking up, just diesel all over the side of the motor... but after some hard throttle action it does. its coming from right above the back freeze plug. from what i have seen, no fuel has been spraying on the firewall. could an o ring blown out.....

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fyi i was out driving my truck today and i decided to turn my power puck off..... and leave the programmer on a 100.... no leak.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts