Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck did not leak fuel before and the last things ive done to it was take the cp3 of and had it modded and i took the rail off and had that modded. Put them both back on and now I have a fuel leak. It’s dripping off of the bottom of the tranny right where that plate is that you can take off to look at the converter. I looked all over the cp3 and cant find any wet spots around that so it makes me think its someone on the rail. I didn’t take any of the feed tunes off or anything I just loosened them at the rail and pulled the rail off, and when I put it back on all I had to do was tighten them back on the rail. There is some wet spot on the rail so that’s why I think it’s coming from that. But everything is tite on it? I went and checked everything on the rail like 10 times re tightening everying, but something is still leaking. The only thing that I know went wrong was there is 3 bolts that hold the rail in place I broke one :eek: but there is 2 more holding it there :w: but I don’t see how that would make the rail leak. So dos anyone know what could be leaking or if something is common that I might have missed? or is there a link in fuel leaks and modded rails?

·
Registered
228 Posts
could you have pinched an o-ring or something like that

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
The feed tubes are only suppose to be used once, people use them more but some times they don't seal, I would bet its a feed tube leaking and drainin down the block.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The feed tubes are only suppose to be used once, people use them more but some times they don't seal, I would bet its a feed tube leaking and drainin down the block.
it kinda seems like its comming from the front feed tube right where its plugs into the rail. ive taken them off and put them back on like 5 times already. so you think buying a new feed tube would fix it? or is there a seal or something that needs to me replaced?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
866 Posts
Have you tried starting the truck up and seeing where the leak is? if its coming out of the high pressure side it will be squirting out.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yup ive droven it around couple of times. no i cant find a squirt anywhere eaither. looked very hard but couldnt find one.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bump...... :popcorn:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Well if its on the high pressure side it will eventually let go and you'll find it. I blew one of my fuel lines in half the day I bought the truck.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
it kinda seems like its comming from the front feed tube right where its plugs into the rail. ive taken them off and put them back on like 5 times already. so you think buying a new feed tube would fix it? or is there a seal or something that needs to me replaced?
My guess is that its a tube not sealing, if you think it is a feed tube leaking then I would try to clean them up or buy new ones, I think you can get them from Dodge for $120 for a set.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what would cause a tube not to seal? it seems like thats where the fuel is comming out from. theres actualy 2 spot i think i might be comming from right where the tube connect to the rail.

·
Registered
435 Posts
light a match and follow the orange stuff....I KID, I KID!!!!!

good luck finding it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
light a match and follow the orange stuff....I KID, I KID!!!!!

good luck finding it.
nothing will happen, diesel is actually hard to set on fire. but gas is another story.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so is that what everyone thinks it is? feed tube?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bump again.............

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol o well i tride a cheep fix and took the rail off and took everything apart and put tape on all the threads and gasket sealer over everything and it still leaks :( . o well guess ill have to take the truck in or buy new tubes.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
lol o well i tride a cheep fix and took the rail off and took everything apart and put tape on all the threads and gasket sealer over everything and it still leaks :( . o well guess ill have to take the truck in or buy new tubes.
just to give you a heads up get that teflon tape off the connector tubes and rail lines. that stuff will clog a injector very quick. did you at least narrow the leak down yet?? I would think if the connector tubes are leaking it would be hard starting. also did you check the return line on the back of the head yet? should be a banjo bolt back there and two copper washers.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ya i stuck the teflon tap only on the last thread so i could keep it aways from going into the rail. it starts just fine. and the RP is fine also. but the rail is the only thing i have touched before the leak started. no i havnt checked that. how would i see it if its in the back of the head? thanks 4 the help robert.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
someone told me there is orings in the feed tubes that can be changed, so i wouldnt have to buy hole new feed tubes. is this true?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
any one? o rings in the feed tubes?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts