Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I have a 98 24v, my truck smells very diesely as I walk up to it, seems to be a little wet on top of the head and down, I assume this is the connector tube o rings?

Haven't owner it long enough to have a cold start but will update tomorrow

Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,049 Posts
Try tighten injector lines and clean with spray carb cleaner and dry. Now look for leak. It area around injector line connector gets damp you may suspect O-ring leakage.
Easy one hour job. Take intake elbo, Injector line braces and wiring harnes retainer at cowl loose. This makes job easier. Do not bend the injector lines. Take a small screwdriver and pry the tubes loose. Then remove and coat the new O-rings with grease

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
????????????????

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Couldn't ask for a better start, truck sat for 12 hours, its currenty 33 degrees, and it started right up, so there doesn't seem to be any air leaking in , just fuel leaking out, I am going to cleaning it all up and try to see where its coming from, but any ideas in the mean time would be great. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
12,049 Posts
air leak into return or supply lines. Air molecule is smaller than fuel. When shut off suction pulls air in. Trust me.
Suspect Banjo bolt at back of head, T fitting at rear, Banjo bolt at IP (everflow valve), Connector tube O-rings, or any fitting on supply side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.