Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after my egr delete I noticed a fuel knock. What are short and long term affects of this? And what is the best way to get rid of it?

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
The AX flash has gotten rid of the knock for some people. Other people have added a FASS and that has also removed it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I turn up my MP-8 to full and it almost disappears.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
So far I dont think any negative effects have been seen other then the actual sound. That doesnt mean there is no effect. Mine has gotten less noticeable by running the MP-8 all the way 95% or above.

·
Banned
722 Posts
Finally ordered mine off kevin. Im putting way to many miles to quick. Any other people wanna comment on fuel knock of negative effects. I understand how to stop it, i just want knowledge on how it can screw up your motor. I will get the AX flash 1 day after my code free comes in.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
I have had the fuel knock issues up and down the wa-sue LOL... Heck I even had the fuel knock before the EGR delete. I got the AX flash and it went away and now I have my EGR delete and been running it like this for several weeks which means 5K miles are more now. I still get a little hint of fuel knock when the motor temps are not up around 200 degree's or more...

I bought one of these Rokk Technologies CPS that has a little adjustment to it. Thinking I could at least make the knock change in sound, better or worse. The ECM counters any and everything that happens like this and adjusts things to keep the motor all like its suppose to be.

I tried dumping all the memory by unhooking both battery grounds for a few minutes. Adjusting the CPS 2 degree's up or down more or less has no effect on the fuel knock or anything else I have seen or felt.

I am hoping to get a code free module for both the EGRand DPF delete that takes this fuel knock out, as I am not certain the codes I clear at start up with the juice, are not somewhat responseble for this fuel knock.

I also know for a fact I run out of fuel on a hard throttle up and this may have something also, but the fuel knock I have is at the very lite throttle up and in the beginning of the throttle added, so I am not sure of the lack of fuel at the lower engine speeds. I have the 30 psi and the 30K fuel rail guage now that got here Friday and I plan to put these in this weekend if the Honey do's slack off a little LOL... I should know soon just how much fuel I have or not...

I would get the AX flash sooner the better. It does help with this fuel knock issue somehow and I am sure it deals with other things as well. Just make sure your dealer knows to get the flash for the OHC recalibration also. I didn't and with what the AX does it really made my OHC act way weird... So get both of these flashes while your there.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have the AX flash and no knock.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Dito, mine runs great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts