Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i just put the mp8 on my truck along with all teh other stuff and when both are turned up and im hard in the throttle it starts knocking in the upper rpm.. is this the fuel knock? i also does it with just teh edge on 6 and does it without teh egr also did it with is... what i was wondering is my truck is a 07 that i bought feb 01 of 08 do i need to go get teh ax flash? will it cure my problem or maybe screw somthing up? i have had no prob. with my truck except this knock so im kinda leary of getting it re-flashed... hope someone can tell me to go get it done or not.. Thanks

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I am in the same boat. Not sure the dealer will even let me through the door let alone a flash the truck. I havent updated mine because i have had no issues other then the slight knock.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Should I get the AX flash done before I do the EGR delete?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
ya my well get the ax flash diverb before hand i got it when when i had my dpf delete and chip really didnt notice much there was a slight increase in mpg and seemed a bit smoother running but i have egr delete on now no issues what so ever and doing the egr delete wow was a huge diference for my truck runs way smoother and it actually quieted the exhaust down a bit for some reason but i have way more turbo whistle

·
Registered
733 Posts
OK, will do. I called the dealership and will get the AX flash done on Wed, and after that I will install the EGR plates.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
sounds good man good luck with the install also. Oh and i see you have the banks cooler did ya see a huge diff in that diverb

·
Registered
733 Posts
yea my EGT's dropped about a 100 with it. It's alot larger than stock and that was one of my first modds before the DPF delete. Now that I have the DPF gone, my EGT's are great. I cant wait to get rid of that EGR. That darn EGR is the devils work!

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
oh nice yeah i would take any egt drop i could get but right now with that egr gone she doing good you might have to post some egt temps after egr delete since you have that intercooler on there mine cools down to 300 at idle after driving...pretty quick but getting there faster would be better

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well so do i get the flash or not lol

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
The AX flash seems to solve the knock issue for those that have it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The AX flash seems to solve the knock issue for those that have it.
thanks man, this is matt i ordered the mp8 from ya last friday just though i would let ya know i out ran my buddys d max tonight his is just a 05 auto with the edge.. but still i couldnt touch it before

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Hey Matt, it's good to put a name with a user name:thumbsup

BTW nice kill:peelout

·
Registered
265 Posts
How do u know if u got the AX flash? I just had my truck in last week to get a new O2 sensor and a reflash bc of a recall, was that the AX flash? They never mentioned anything of it..

·
Registered
721 Posts
It should be written on a sticker under the hood.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
How do u know if u got the AX flash? I just had my truck in last week to get a new O2 sensor and a reflash bc of a recall, was that the AX flash? They never mentioned anything of it..
If it was last week it should be the AX flash, it's the newest flash version.

·
Registered
265 Posts
where's the sticker located?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
All the ones I have had on my trucks have been under the hood near the fan shroud by the hood latch.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Not all dealerships are putting on the stickers.

Also, they might put it down at the ECM.

·
Registered
265 Posts
hmmmmm, I'll have to look. I hope i did get the AX flash bc i aint takin my truck to the dealer if i dont have to, waste of time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts