Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
01 dodge cummins, fass, redline, marine 60hp inj. fuel in oil, oil level is 2in over full with 300 miles on oil change,lots of blow by, but when truck is running you would never know, still runs very strong
I was told about an o ring between timing cover and injection pump that could be leting fuel get past pump into crank case?
also hesitant to start like it could be laking fuel

·
Registered
27 Posts
01 dodge cummins, fass, redline, marine 60hp inj. fuel in oil, oil level is 2in over full with 300 miles on oil change,lots of blow by, but when truck is running you would never know, still runs very strong
I was told about an o ring between timing cover and injection pump that could be leting fuel get past pump into crank case?
also hesitant to start like it could be laking fuel
Thats a new one on me, maybe someone here can shead some light on it.
There is a seal on the vp pump shaft and I geuss it could leak, but looks like it would be gutless on power.

·
NM Chapter President
677 Posts
It could also be the injectors not seating properly, sometimes this happens and you get fuel running into the engine, through the connector tubes to. did you replace them yourself?

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Hi michaeltrucking11,
You still having that problem?
I'll do some looking, again.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Reactions: michaeltrucking11

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The injecters was instaled by a well known diesel shop
I was told the seal on pump would leak only when not running this problem started when the weather turned cold

·
Registered
321 Posts
Had the same problem after i installed my injectors. I replaced the connector tube o-rings and also checked the torque on the injector holddown clamps and found them to be a little under torqued. Problem solved.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Injectors replaced recently and now fuel in oil = injector problem most likely. There are a handful of things that could let the fuel into the oil, but IMO the most likely would be either a goofed up injector o-ring letting low pressure return fuel sneak past into the valve train, or a loose hold down.

But usually a loose hold down will cause drivability issues since this can allow cylinder pressure to sneak past the copper sealing washer letting compression escape. I would think that a cross tube seal would let the fuel leak externally past the threads of the nuts that screw into the outside of the head rather than into the oil, but not certain of that.

I think the reason a loose hold down tends to get fuel pushing out is that the cylinder pressure pushes the fuel past the o-rings.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Like re-using sealing washers?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts