Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the FASS system mounts in an exposed area under the bed, are there any concerns regarding cold weather? Does the fuel gel?

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Since the FASS system mounts in an exposed area under the bed, are there any concerns regarding cold weather? Does the fuel gel?
With the correct fuel and additives, this has not been an issue. Now in some extreme climates (Canada and AK), filter blankets and running coolant to the FASS can help.

You will never have an issue with gelling in CA.

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
I got a FASS unit and had no issues whatsoever with fuel gelling this past winter. I went up north snowmobiling and the temps would get down to -20F at night and about +5F for a high during the day. The truck fired right up:thumbsup!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We go to the desert in the winter and temps get deep into the negatives. I'm just worried that I'll have a load of #2 and wind up freezing up somewhere. When you say correct fuel are you referring to #1? I've never seen #1 where I fuel up. Also, what additives are you referring to? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
We go to the desert in the winter and temps get deep into the negatives.
There is a desert in California that has temps of -20F or lower in the winter?

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
We go to the desert in the winter and temps get deep into the negatives. I'm just worried that I'll have a load of #2 and wind up freezing up somewhere. When you say correct fuel are you referring to #1? I've never seen #1 where I fuel up. Also, what additives are you referring to? Thanks.
#2 with the correct additive will be just fine....do some research as i really dont have ONE suggestion. I dont worry about my fuel (IF im running #2 instead of Bio) until about 0*......it dont start to cloud (I think) to about -5 to -10......

Talk to Jason @ Diesel Nut Motorsports.....He is an Amsoil Rep in CA....im sure he has access to something that can help ya.....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dad: Dang. Did they seal the border on me again? (I wander outside of the people's republik of kulleeforneea when they let me...)

Dan: OK.

Thanks everybody. I'm just thinking about a story my huntin' buddy tells me about his stock rig freezing up on him one day in Nevada and with the extra exposure of the FASS I thought that might add to the likelihood of it happening to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts