Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some suggestions: Searched but didn't come up with an exact match. Started the truck up about 5 days ago and heard a ding sound coming from dash area and noticed my fuel gauge indicated that I was almost empty but I know I have about 3/4 full. Shut off engine and cycled key 3 times with no codes. Restarted engine and watched the fuel gauge go from E to a little over half then down to 1/4 and gradually up to 3/4 where it should be. Haven't had an issue since the first time. Called the Dodge dealer for part quote and asked if only the sending unit is available and was told that the entire in tank assembly is the only option b/c sending unit is integrated into the assembly and there was no individual part # for only the sending unit and it's about $300. Got another quote from another dealer and same thing? Any ideas??

·
Registered
299 Posts
You can write a book about what I don't know about these trucks, but if the fuel gauge is working correctly now, why bother? Also noticed in your signature, what is a 2005.3?

Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.