Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching filter options for awhile now, and I was waiting on the new dual setup for short beds from The BEST Dodge Cummins Fuel Filter Kit Available but they keep pushing back the release date.

Would you wait and go with the dual setup, or just order the single setup with big line kit from GDP?

I like the idea of the dual setup on the frame, but i believe the Cat filter will catch everything, making the stock filter pointless, where as the GDP setup could have the Cat filter after the stock filter, which would filter thr fuel in stages

Any opinions?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
368 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
With installing the dual filter kit would you want to remove the stock fuel filter and run new hose?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They have them for both long and short beds on the website................... You choose what you have down at the bottom of the page.
Yeah, when I made the post that hadn't been added. They told me the dual kit will work without modification on the Short Bed up to the 2010 trucks.

They are starting testing this week on 2012 fitment.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Will the water separator freeze with this setup ? I just have the Glacier Diesel 2 micron filter setup on mine.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Is there any problems running the two filter setup with a stock truck, I was told the stock fuel pressure may not be enough for the dual filters ??

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi Bullet, 63boxtop has this on his truck. He built the setup for $130 I am going to do this on my truck.
I scrounged up all the parts for this setup, but after this winter it's got me concerned about those unheated filters gelling up. The 13+s have an extra filter by the fuel tank, and without the heater activated they were gelling up like crazy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.