Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,203 Posts
The lift pump is factory, this will be the first thing I will be doing to the truck (other than removing the muffler) so as of now everything on the truck is stock. I am going to try and find the bracket that they used in that thread if not I'll be making my own this week
So the lift pump is on the back of the fuel canister? If so I would upgrade the LP prior to adding any additional filters. That pump is overstressed from the factory much less with additional tighter filters.

·
Premium Member
5,203 Posts
NW05cummins Made my under the truck filter bracket. He can also get you everything you need for the install.
Nice looking set up, I am little confused cause it looks like a DPF in the background of the top picture.

Anyways, your 2007 has an in tank lift pump the 03-04.5 trucks had an on fuel canister lift pump which sucked the fuel all the way from the tank. So failure prone dodge moved them in tank starting in 2005 and retro fitted failed early LPs as they came in.

·
Premium Member
5,203 Posts
I think you are seeing my CAT.
Ahh yes...I forgot how huge those were. Current truck doesn't have one and the prior owner of my dodge removed it but I digress.

So i picked up the 2 filters on friday and today the two heads came in, I went to test fit the filters and screwed the cat filter to the base, it went on great and i just snugged it by hand not tight, and i went to back it off, it came of maybe two spins and then locked up!!!!

I then found one post where this seems to be a common issue. My problem is I got these parts from a local truck center and i supplied the part numbers so i dont know what they will do about it. I was thinking about trying to find a few posts on here that i could bring in to show that im not the only one having trouble but could only find one post. What have you guys that have had this happen done and did the store help you with replacing the parts?
Hmmm...Sounds like you got a defective one. I ran a baldwin FB1311 and a FG 142784s filter head...never had an issue with either. Sorry man. I would imagine you would have a good warranty of merchantability claim with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts