Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I am running a Napa fuel filter and have been for about 30,000 miles. Has anyone had issues with Napa filters? And what other filters should i consider.:$:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Right now I am running a Napa fuel filter and have been for about 30,000 miles. Has anyone had issues with Napa filters? And what other filters should i consider.:$:
Donaldson are real nice filters, and i sure hope your are changing your filter more often then every 30,000miles.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I change my fuel filter at least every 10,000. What interval do you?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Last time I did mine I went with a NAPA, and it seems fine. I change it every 15,000, give or take a few.

·
Registered
151 Posts
yeah...ditto....i was gonna throw the 30k comment in too. i changed mine at the first 15k and DOUBT i'll be waiting that long again. the first 15k jumped on there so fast since i had so much fun drivin it ha

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
I change my fuel filter every 5000-7500 miles depending on the season, shorter intervals in the winter. I swear the Northeast gets the worst fuel in the country. The Baldwind filter I use clogs up fast but I would rather it in the fuel filter then in my injectors.

·
Registered
292 Posts
15,000km give or take

·
Banned
393 Posts
Abt 10,000 year round. Got some crappy fuel out on the farm. Donaldson are good, their used by Amsoil, also have used AFE. both are good.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the good info, i think i will continue to run the Napa until i can afford a by-pass fuel filter for extra protection..:$:

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
I run the napa gold , change the fuel filter and air filter every 3ooo miles along with the pil and filter . yeah i know expensive but i'd rather over do it then have her die on me :peelout

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is almost like changing the toilet paper in the restroom every time you visit the restroom, just to make sure you don't run out. On the other hand you are supporting your local parts store.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
I change my fuel filter every 5000-7500 miles depending on the season, shorter intervals in the winter. I swear the Northeast gets the worst fuel in the country. The Baldwind filter I use clogs up fast but I would rather it in the fuel filter then in my injectors.
Agreed...I've got 4,000mi on a Baldwin and my FP is dropping. Don't think it'll make it to 6,000...can't imagine going 30,000!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts