Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best aftermarket fuel filter for my truck? Love to get down to 2 microns, or less.

Also, for the oil side, I read Amsoil makes a good secondary fuel filter that runs next to the stock. Any thoughts?

thanks

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The stock Fleetguard filter which is 5um filter, than the Glacier Diesel Power "Big Line filter kit" which is after this filter. This has 2um filter that is plumb in after the stock filter but a head of the CP3 pump. This too is a Fleetguard filter.

Here is a link to their site.
Glacier Diesel Power - Product List
Jim W.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
There was a thread on here about a Mopar extreme duty complete filter kit with fuel heater and water sensor on here from Mid-west Trading company for 49.00. I bought the kit and its the same one the Dodge dealers sell for around 400.00, its a steal if they still have some. Here is their no. for Midwest Trading Company.

3641 E. Kiest
Dallas, Tx 75203
(800) 441-2124
(214) 942-8741have some.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
There was a thread on here about a Mopar extreme duty complete filter kit with fuel heater and water sensor on here from Mid-west Trading company for 49.00. I bought the kit and its the same one the Dodge dealers sell for around 400.00, its a steal if they still have some. Here is their no. for Midwest Trading Company.

3641 E. Kiest
Dallas, Tx 75203
(800) 441-2124
(214) 942-8741have some.
thats a water seperator filter kit, the kit from dodge is $249, $49 is just for the filter.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
You must have looked up the wrong part, type filter kit in their search bar and it will come up. It is for a complete Fuel filter kit with brackets, housing, filter element, wiring kit for the fuel heater, banjo fittings to hook the hoses to, etc.. It is a complete fuel filter kit, they have two kits one for Cab& chassis trucks and one for the H/D pick-ups. If I knew how to link the website for you I would but I promise you it is a complete filter kit and not just a filter. Here is the item no. 395136000 I thought you might be interested in reading this web page:
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485383&referrerid=150788

From,
Chevokeeman
I did a search on third gen. perf. under Fuel filter, and found the thread on it with pictures, starts out( Hey fella's its Christmas????

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked out that part #, 395136000 , and its for the 5.9. Dont think it fits the 6.7 does it?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Yes, it shows for a 5.9 but it hooks over the frame and is held in place with one self tapping screw. If you can splice into your supply line it will work, if not, better take it to the dealer, I'm sure they would be glad to take your money,LOL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts