Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, time to replace my fuel filter and this is the one I am looking at ordering from Geno's Garage for $49.95 ( FLEETGUARD FS43257 Fuel Filter & Shell - DODGE ('07.5-'09) ). I just want to see if I am alright with this particular filter and shell before I hit the order button. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
That is the one to get. Once you have the updated shell(you may already?) then you can just change the element.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
That is the same one that I have to get next time. Then I go to filter only. I called Genos about the replacement filter elements between the mopar and fleetguard. I was answered that both of these shells take the SAME REPLACEMENT ELEMENT. check to see which filter shell is on your truck, being a 2009 you MAY have the new shell already.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
For what it's worth, I keep a couple complete filter and shell assemblies. One in my truck, and another in the garage, along with several replacement elements. The factory one is glued on or something, and was incredibly difficult to remove. I ended up crushing the shell with a strap wrench.

·
Registered
520 Posts
That's strange that people have been having so much trouble removing the filter housing.
I just did it a couple days ago from underneath using a ratchet, long extension, and a universal joint. Slow steady pressure and it unscrewed easily.
Maybe the incredible hulk lost his job in the mexican factory tightening fuel and oil filters.

Scott.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That is the same one that I have to get next time. Then I go to filter only. I called Genos about the replacement filter elements between the mopar and fleetguard. I was answered that both of these shells take the SAME REPLACEMENT ELEMENT. check to see which filter shell is on your truck, being a 2009 you MAY have the new shell already.
I contacted the local Oreillys and they gave me the exact same filter and assembly for 79.95. I took it back because I found it cheaper at genos. Do I need the whole assembly? I have a late 2009. Is there a way to check without pulling it apart? Thanks.

Eric

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
That's strange that people have been having so much trouble removing the filter housing.
I just did it a couple days ago from underneath using a ratchet, long extension, and a universal joint. Slow steady pressure and it unscrewed easily.
Maybe the incredible hulk lost his job in the mexican factory tightening fuel and oil filters.

Scott.
Likewise,my factory filter was hand tight.Used the genos fleetgaurd with no problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts