Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I could find a fuel filter wrench for the 6.7? Geno's has them for the 5.9s, but nothing for the 6.7. I saw a powerstroke wrench online (all I could find in google search for fuel filter wrench) that looked like it would do the trick, but it did not have specs on the size. Local parts stores look at me like I am crazy when I ask about one. For those of you with them, where did you get them? Thanks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Accordind to zigfreed in a prior post a filter wrench isn't needed.

Use a half inch drive extension about 2 feet in length and a universal joint to break the filter loose. If you look at the bottom of the filter you will see were to plug into the filter. The socket in the filter will only let you lossen the filter.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Go back to the auto supply and get a oil filter wrench, i just did mine and it worked great they make different sizes.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. Renegade - so the designers actually built in a socket hole to the bottom of the filter so that we could loosen it with regular tools? That almost makes up for the poor placement of the filter:lol3:. Thanks again.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
a big arse channel locks works pretty good. at least to break it loose. you only hand tighten it though

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
Go back to the auto supply and get a oil filter wrench, i just did mine and it worked great they make different sizes.
hey man, i was going to send you a PM but you have that disabled. But did you ever figure out what was wrong with your truck? Shoot me a PM as i want to ask you a few things that should not be broad cast on the forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts