Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
I had been having some issues with my truck for a while. It started with the fuel shut off solenoid not clicking back on when trying to start the truck and having to turn the key on, then click it up by hand to start it. then my starter goes bad. I find that the fuel filter housing is leaking from the drain and this is apparently causing air to get into the fuel system and prevent the shut off from clicking back on. also the diesel leaking out onto the starter caused that to go bad. It was just dripping out and not easy to see at idle but I guess it was more at higher rpm and load. So I went to dodge to order the o rings for it. apparently they are on national backorder and have no release date. My plan is to measure the ones I took out and hopefully find the right ones on mcmaster carr. but I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before and knows what size o rings I will need to fix this. I searched here but had no luck on finding a size for them. actually, I found on diesel bombers someone who had done it on a powerstroke and the o rings looked to be about the same.
hopefully I can get these and fix both issues.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts