Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been smelling diesel every once in a while when i get out of my truck, i wasnt really sure where it was coming from and i have been smelling it every since i installed my mods. i also noticed something had been leaking onto my front diff. and shaft. i havent really looked into it that much but yesterday i was tightining something up and kind of tryed to see where it was coming from, and i saw a open ended hose coming from the fuel filter. is this suppose to be draining fuel? i well enough of matter, im sure its there for a reason but ya know. what are yalls thoughts

thanks
brice

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
It's for draining water/fuel out of the fuel filter canister. Check to see if the yellow stopcock is fully closed.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
its not yellow on the 6.7 it is a grey or white colored , and just make sure it is all the way tight, if it is and still leaking the valve is bad, just buy a new filter/housing.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Funny.....when you try to get them to drain they won't.

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
its not yellow on the 6.7 it is a grey or white colored.
Thanks,

It may just need to be flushed out too! Debris in the seat.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
yeah, just open it up and let it flush itself, i always flush mine with the truck idleing, the truck never skips a beat, and you atleast get a steady flow of fuel, that way I know i flush out any water that has been collected.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice, alright, ill try that all that today, didnt get a change to do it yesterday, thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts