Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there anyone that can give me some direction on replacing a broken fuel filler housing (just inside the fuel door)?

Not sure why Dodge made this part out of cheap thin plastic. When I got the part the dealer said he get's alot of requests for this part.

·
Premium Member
16,223 Posts
I don't recall any plastic parts under the fuel door, just one metal part where the fuel station nozzle goes.

If it's the metal part.
Loosen the one smaller and one larger hose clamp on the hoses on top of the tank.
Unscrew the three Phillips head screws next to the filler hole and pull the whole thing out.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it fixed. The new housing has 4 screw holes so I had to drill another hole in the bracket on the filler tube and add an extra screw. Maybe that's why it broke it the first place. This factory part is cheesy plastic so I will have the be careful when I put in the nozzle when I full up at the pump. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
16,223 Posts
Didn't realize they were making that part out of plastic now.
If it were me I'd be heading to the junkyard for a metal one.
Then again I hear more about the metal ones rusting out than the plastic ones breaking.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Too late for the junk yard run. But if I would have known that some years made a metal one I would have found a used one. This plastic one was $26.00. :S:
I guess the good thing is that it was easy to replace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts