Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have an 02 truck. it has hot rod pump, air dog 150, 150 injectors and s400 turbo. also full billet auto trans. running smarty with revo no matter if it is stock or turned up you go to spool up truck makes great power till ya hit 2000rpm and falls on its face. normal driving it seems to be fine. it also has boost fooler on it. it is something electronic i think.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,302 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i have 1693 code and thats it turbo is non wastegate it only makes about 10 pounds when it goes flat

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,302 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i cleared codes last weeked just talked to the guy he said they have not come back. but still if you powerbrake it it will start to build up and fall on its face.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,302 Posts
That's torque management. You cannot power brake and build any kind of boost in 1st or 2nd gears of a automatic of stick. My truck is the same way. This is released after 3rd gear. Then torque management is turned off.

But still if there is a P1693 code there is codes present re-run the error code dump and the codes will be there... Trust me if he erase them and the problem was NOT fixed then the codes will return... It takes over 40 warm up cycles for a code to self erase only if the problem no longer exist...:doh:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the smarty is supost to turn tm off but must not. there is a setting in there for that. i apperciate your help

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,302 Posts
Well there is a reason for it... Most normally a error code will point in the direction of the problem (sensors, VP44, etc)

Fuel pressure is the other factor if the pressure is low it has a direct bearing on performance.

Boost leaks? But typically the owner complains of lost of black smoke.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,302 Posts

·
Registered
13,912 Posts
the smarty will not remove all the tm. only about 60%.

there are 2 ways to remove tm; a bd rad box but you loose your instrument cluster and the other is p-pump.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts