Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Fuel Canister Release Valve Leak !!

823 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  MKoch
My fuel release valve on the side of my fuel filter canister is leaking out of the bottom and top of the lever. I was wandering if anyone else has had this issue I figured I would take it off and see if there's a bad O ring. Any other info would be greatly appreciated !
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
21,579 Posts
My fuel release valve on the side of my fuel filter canister is leaking out of the bottom and top of the lever. I was wandering if anyone else has had this issue I figured I would take it off and see if there's a bad O ring. Any other info would be greatly appreciated !
yep....one reason i bought a FASS. to answer your question though....yes you can rebuild the drain, but i am no help on this with links or part numbers. it's a pretty common issue to have this happen.

· Registered
68 Posts
Just fixed this leak myself. Luckily for me the two screws holdin it on had just loosened because to replace that while drain the part was $120 cdn. There are 2 o rings and they come with the valve, and from what I wad told they can't be bought seperate. My back up plan was going to be eliminate the valve all together and just seal the holes shut.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good to know !!! I just tightened the valve up itself and it seems to be fixing it for the moment.... surely theres O rings out there that will work....

· Registered
47 Posts
I fixed mine a couple of weeks ago. The o rings were leaking. I had to get a kit for a powerstroke filter canister to find the right o rings. They are really fat and hard to find.

Reactions: MKoch

· Registered
1,980 Posts
I fixed mine a couple of weeks ago. The o rings were leaking. I had to get a kit for a powerstroke filter canister to find the right o rings. They are really fat and hard to find.
I hand sort the orings at schucks. they do have a very large selection it just takes a while sort through it to find what you need. when mine fails however I will ditch the plastic valve and hard plumb some brass fittings with a ball valve.

Reactions: MKoch

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hand sort the orings at schucks. they do have a very large selection it just takes a while sort through it to find what you need. when mine fails however I will ditch the plastic valve and hard plumb some brass fittings with a ball valve.

That sounds like a good idea....... If mine continues to have problems I might do something of the sort !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.