Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm putting a little coin into my truck. Smarty is on the way as well as Farm Boys 5" exhaust. I totaled the rearend of my truck a few weeks ago and am getting a new bed, so I figured while I have it off I should do a fuel system with a straw since I'll have access to the tank.
I don't see a LOT of guys running the GDP Fuel Boss but I called and talked to someone there and it really sounds good. Are there any con's to a mechanical system?
I was sold on airdog until I started looking into the fuel boss, now it seems to be the way to go, and I'll build my own big line and 2mic filter to go with it. I may even the Arson cp3 kit.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, do you have a specific reason other than you're a dealer?:T:

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
well you can start w/a lifetime warranty, smaller and lighter unit, cleaner install, and a cheaper price tag. i'm in the process of putting one on my d-max now.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Plenty of reasons. Just took my FASS 150/150 off and replaced it with an AirDog 150.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Back to his original question. The Fuel Boss is mechanical. Because it runs off the engine, it increases fuel press as the RPMs increase, which is when you actually need it. The pump is completely silent and gauranteed for life. The down side is that it is more expensive and doesnt have the air seperation of the FASS or Airdog systems. Also, running off the crank means you cant run a fluid dampner. So if you are looking for absolute reliability and quiet operation, go with the Fuel Boss. If you want air seperation, cheaper cost, and arent bothered by additional noise, then the Air Dog or Fass system might be for you. Also know that the Fuel Boss still uses the stock lift pump on start up. Once the fuel pressure reaches the correct level, a switch shuts it off and then the Fuel Boss takes over. It may sound like the electric pumps are the way to go but remember, being that the Fuel Boss is crank driven, it can support 1000hp as long as the CP can support it. It really is the last LP you will ever need regardless of your HP goals

·
Registered
290 Posts
Been running the Fuel Boss since last July and I haven't got one bad thing to say about it. Bought it from Richard @ Glacier and very pleased with the product and his service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts