Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace my LP on my 04.5 and I have the fuel filter LP setup( not the intank)

Was wondering which was a better route to take?

Boss mechanical LP with an aftermarket fuel filter setup...
Or a FASS system with built in filters
Or a airdog system with built in filters?

I know there is alot of options out there and this has been discussed many of times, but I'm stuck and can't decide which way to go!

Thanks for any and all input!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have a Fuel Boss and have absolutely no issues with it...great pressure at all times. You can't beat a gear driven pump.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now does that assassin still need the lift pump to prime the truck on start up?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I have thought about doing this but I anne a in tank pump. Don't know how this would work.
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the fuel boss you need to keep the stock lift pump to still prime the truck on start up?

And I think I also read that you have to have the non tank setup with the draw straw?

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts
I beleive you need to keep the the oe pump to prime to start.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I think the fuel boss you need to keep the stock lift pump to still prime the truck on start up?

And I think I also read that you have to have the non tank setup with the draw straw?

So I can't use it with a in tank pump?

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So pretty much if I go to the fuel boss or the assassin I still need to replace my lift pump?

It's still putting out 3-0psi in the morning then, when I leave work in the afternoon it will put out 5-0 psi

The 3 and 5 psi are at idle... It goes to 0 psi in the morning 1,700 rpm and higher... And 0 psi in the afternoon above 2,000 rpms

It's crazy why it changes in the afternoon I can't figure it out so my plans are to change it to a mechanical anyways and see what that does..

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
That sucks.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So which one would you use?
The fuel boss or the assassin?
Both seem like they do the same thing... Only difference is price...

Is my max 5psi on my lift pump enough to worry about or should I replace that too?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

Is my max 5psi on my lift pump enough to worry about or should I replace that too?

I was wondering what you ended up doing? I'm in the same boat as you. I'm showing 3 PSI in the morning and 6 PSI in the afternoon. Been that way for the past two weeks.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Don't know about the Assassin and I din't check oin the price difference, but I DO know that Richard at GDP has been selling the Fuel Boss kit for many years now, and he also has EXCELLENT customer service.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was wondering what you ended up doing? I'm in the same boat as you. I'm showing 3 PSI in the morning and 6 PSI in the afternoon. Been that way for the past two weeks.
Well I ended up just replacing the factory lift pump for know only bc it was a $100... I had to replace injectors but when I get the funds I'll be going with the fuel boss setup.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts