Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the lower sulfer fuels at the gas stations, is it recomended to add an additive to the tank. if so, what one would you advise. i have a 2000 2500 2wheel drive that i use for my every day driver back & forth to work. i also tow a 8500 lb. fifth wheel travel trailer on weekends & holidays. it has 380,000 km. on it. i love driving it!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Go to post on 2 stroke oil, they have a list on alot of additives and 2 stroke in search

·
Registered
382 Posts
The Amsoil concentrate & cetane booster works well..

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
lot of guys run a tc-w3 rated 2 cycle oil, its a great inexpensive lube (walmart Supertech is around $8.00 gal) on my rig i lost mpg using it. you should give it a try at 1 oz. per gallon 128:1. i use power service diesel kleen for 30,000 miles and am very happy with it. it pays for itself with the improved mpg and engine sounds great. I can really tell the difference when i use it

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
LUCAS.... the big 600 horse CATS like and so do our little 5.9's! i have used it since it came out and not a lick of problems to this very moment!:thumbsup:woot:

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
I run the Lucas fuel conditioner also great stuff.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
LUCAS.... the big 600 horse CATS like and so do our little 5.9's! i have used it since it came out and not a lick of problems to this very moment!:thumbsup:woot:
I had a different experience with Lucas. I don't know how much it had to do with it but as soon as I used Lucas my injectors started to stick. I had never had that problem before. I went to my local diesel shop and my mech said Lucas is one of the poorest rated additives. He recommended Stanadyne Performance Formula (made by folks that make fuel injection systems). I put some in my tank and haven't had an injector problem since.

·
Ontario Chapter President
2,496 Posts
Any VP truck will benefit from adding 2 stroke to it. Theres about a million pages in a post here on CF, search it out whan ya got at least a day to read it all.

Many opinions are available but I believe it helps some.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
There are some good fuel adds out there and some crap. Look for lubricity, detergency and moisture contol. My only rap against the 2 cycle crowd is that it adds lubricity only.
Ps and amsoil make some pretty good ones.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I use stanadyne ever second tank in my 6.7 thats what 1800 -DIESELS told me to use some say don,t put anything in the 6.7 but 30,000km later 0 problems.

·
Registered
125 Posts
just for the fun of it on my way home from Indy 2 weeks ago I put 4 gallons of my special mix I use for the puller in my 01 when I was filling up. Its a good mix of major cetain,100% Bio and a BG additive. Pulling the trailer I picked up almost 3 miles per gallon better than when comming down and driving was the exact same. This stuff would be way to expensive to run on the road all the time but it was a good little test for me. Usually I run the 2-stroke with good results in the summer...I found that winter fuel sucked when running them together.

Ryan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts