Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 97 2500 and a mechanic told me that i had to run a additive since the diesel fuel now has a decrease in sulfur which is a lubricant for the diesel. If that is so what is a good additive to use?

·
Registered
832 Posts
do a search on it...there is a bunch of stuff on here, morparman has a TON of info on this subject too! i run the lucas fuel treatment, some guys run 2 cycle oil at 1oz/gallon of fuel

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts
A lot of people including me don't feel any additive is necessary for a 12 valve but do whatever makes you comfortable.
When the sulfur level was lowered for ULSD lubricity additive was added to fuel to give the new fuel the same lubrication valves as the old fuel.
I'm sure the majority of big rigs on the road only use anti-gel additive in the winter.
Most probably have over a million miles on ULSD with no problems.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just purchased a 97 2500 and a mechanic told me that i had to run a additive since the diesel fuel now has a decrease in sulfur which is a lubricant for the diesel. If that is so what is a good additive to use?
I have a 97 3500 dually and I run addditive in her all the time, Have found that it helps with mileage and H.P. but ya have ta make sure it has centane boast in it.[ She has 559000 Kms on her also]:thumbsup:try for yourself and see, thats the best way.It won't hurt just don't by cheap stuff. Later from Ontario Canada!!!!!:party018:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts