Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Wally World today and was about to pick up some more two stroke oil to use in the fuel when I fill up and I saw a diesel fuel additive that was about the same price as the two stroke oil. I read the label over and it said it was supposed to add lubrication for the injector pump and injectors, while also boosting cetane numbers for better fuel burn. I was curious if anybody has any input as to whether this will work as well as simple two-stroke oil or better for that matter or if it won't work as well.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I ran the 2-stroke oil for the first time. Much quieter, love it! Will keep using it.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I run the 2 stroke oil when I remember it. Most of the fuel additives have solvents in them to help clean the fuel system. I just don't believe that solvents make good lubricants. JMO

·
Registered
251 Posts
I use opti-lube summer blend. It's about the cheapest route you can go and as you can see in the lubricity test it scored very high. It does have a very strong smell to it though. Gotta be careful when you're pouring it in. You only use 1-2 oz. per every 20 gallons of fuel so a bottle goes a long way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts