Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What causes the rear of the tire lugs to wear on both the right and left front tires?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
385 Posts
Not sure, but I wonder if you have the tires properly inflated. With the weight of the ISB you need to run about 70 psi in the tires on the steering axle. If you have sufficient inflation, then I don't have a clue of the cause of this.

·
Cummins Freak
3,308 Posts
Toe- get your toe in set as close to zero as possible. Not what the shop says is spec. also you need to Rotate the tires on these trucks every 3000-5000 miles!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
You need shocks buddy, that’s what’s causing your cupping issues, also the tire will continue that wear Pattern even if you change the shocks afterwards so make sure to rotate tires immediately.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Can't tell by the pictures but is it only happening on the inner or outer edge of the tire? If so then it is what is called heel-toe wear and is caused by incorrect toe setting. Typically only happens to either the inner or outer edge depending on how the toe is set. If it is happening to both edges then something is worn and causing the toe to change.

If the whole face of the tire is like that then you have a shock, ball joint or balance issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts