Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to turn the pan around for a front sump, does any one has a pickup tube laying around or have done it?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
...wont it not work due to the cross member?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm in the same situation.

As it turns out for my build, the oil pan sump is right smack over the axle so I need to flip the oil pan and get a front type pickup tube. In talking to my local Cummins dealer, the person helping me is not sure if the front pickup tube part number that he has would work with my existing oil pan; he says it is for a different oil pan.

Does anyone here have experience in flipping the rear sump to the front?

What's the material that the pickup tube is made of? Can I just fab / tigweld what I need out of the existing pickup tube?

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in the same situation.

As it turns out for my build, the oil pan sump is right smack over the axle so I need to flip the oil pan and get a front type pickup tube. In talking to my local Cummins dealer, the person helping me is not sure if the front pickup tube part number that he has would work with my existing oil pan; he says it is for a different oil pan.

Does anyone here have experience in flipping the rear sump to the front?

What's the material that the pickup tube is made of? Can I just fab / tigweld what I need out of the existing pickup tube?
From what I have learned the pan is the same I have it off and have turned it around.The pickup tube can be tig welded.On the pickups the front sump fits in between the steering and the sway bar but leaves no room for the arc of the steering.My plan is to change the shape of the sump by cutting it off and making it wider or a notch on the steering side tho go under the steering .This way I can remove the sway bar and drop the motor in straight from the front and hold more oil.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The best part# that I came up with, with the help of my local cummins parts dealer, is #3920795. It's supposed to fit 6BT and 4BT front sump engines. I placed the order and should have it next week.

Also, the first gen has a bigger/longer sump. If in case you still have axle/differential clearance problems, you can use the 2nd gen oil pan which has a shortersmaller sump and will fit the bolt pattern of the 1st gen.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The best part# that I came up with, with the help of my local cummins parts dealer, is #3920795. It's supposed to fit 6BT and 4BT front sump engines. I placed the order and should have it next week.

Also, the first gen has a bigger/longer sump. If in case you still have axle/differential clearance problems, you can use the 2nd gen oil pan which has a shorter/smaller sump and will fit the bolt pattern of the 1st gen.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
freightliner fl70's came with a front sump pan and front pickup tube......

i can get the pan and the pickup tube, is somebody interested in buying them?

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
freightliner fl70's came with a front sump pan and front pickup tube......

i can get the pan and the pickup tube, is somebody interested in buying them?
Price on the pickup tube ? PM me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts