Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to do my KDP and was reading about a front seal kit that comes with the installation tool. Where can I buy the kit? Is there a part number if I can get from Dodge. This is for a 96

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got my kdp kit from a vendor on this site,I think it was BD performance.It came with the kdp tab,timming case cover gasket,and front crank seal.I used a large socket to seat new seal.Can not remember price,but I think it was around 100 buks.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
You can get a felpro timing cover kit that includes the seal for $60. I got the tab for $10 shipped from hotroddiesel.ca and i bought some permatex gasket maker and red loctite. About $80 total.

I went to tab mine yesterday but i guess the KDP striked before i got it. You could see on the timing cover where the pin came out and wedged against the cover. No damage to the timing casing or gears though. The dowl pin was gone too. Thought maybe they changed the case,but it still has the correct ID tag on the side for the engine.
Just when i said what a waste of time doing it i checked the bolts holding the timing case onto the block and the one beside where the dowl pin is and the 2 behind the cam gear where finger tight :S Took them out and cleaned them and put some red loctite on the bolts and tightened them up good. Guess its harder for a bolt to back out as its threaded, but i imagine over time they could have worked out enough to catch the head on the cam gear.

If you want to go the route and just buy the gasket kit like i did shoot me a pm and i'll sell you the tab as i didn't need it. The instructions are on the tst web site or bd diesel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.