Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
I'd say thats normal. There has to be some backlash between your ring and pinion, that coupled with slight play in your t case

Did you try front u joints?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All u-joints have been replaced within the last couple months (front axle, front drive-shaft and rear driveshaft). Just to be clear, that is the lugs hitting the sides of the holes in the rotor when i move the lugs. The rotor is just barely moving when the lugs make contact with the sides of the lug holes in the rotor. I hope this helps to explain what is going on in the video.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is what i am thinking...Maybe the wheels weren't torqued down to specs the last time i had them rotated..I am not sure, but I don't think it is supposed to be that loose...My driver-side one moves a little, but the lugs do not make contact with the rotor.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Are they original rotors? When I replaced mine, I had to use the lugs to get the rotor to completely seat to the hub. Took about 20 mintues turning each lug a couple rotations then moving to the next.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.