Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to Dave (SledNeck91604) and he said he may know a builder for the front pans. I would really like to snag one since no one else makes one and I'm going for a sleek classy look for my 92 restoration and don't really want to go with a big oem bumper. (I started this one because the old thread was closed)

- Dev

·
Registered
11,476 Posts
As a thought...

The early to mid 70's trucks had a much smaller and sleeker front bumper. You could find and cut one up. I think that would have the right curves for what you are thinking of doing.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Sure wish I knew where I saw it now but someone on here posted a picture of a 1st gen with the smaller gasser bumper they had recessed in to sit more flush with the front of the grille. Not really my style, but looked good on a lowered 2x4

·
Registered
398 Posts
Talked to Dave (SledNeck91604) and he said he may know a builder for the front pans. I would really like to snag one since no one else makes one and I'm going for a sleek classy look for my 92 restoration and don't really want to go with a big oem bumper. (I started this one because the old thread was closed)

- Dev
Just keep in mind that you still will have to have some sort of actual bumper, by federal safety standards. Its legal to run just a roll pan on the rear of a pickup, but not the front. That being said, as long as your custom bumper LOOKS like a roll pan, you're good to go. :)

·
Registered
11,476 Posts
Chrome Front Bumpers | 1972-93 Dodge Truck 1974-93 Dodge Ramcharger | LMC Truck

I don't mind the top bumper, but its for a 1972-1982 pickup. Should still work right?
Yes and no. Keep in mind that there are 3 different pictures on that page.

That 1972-1982 bumper is what I was thinking of in my previous post. However, the bumper mounts are different. I put a mid 80's cab on my 1975 w200. The bumper from the 1985 bolted onto the frame as I recall. However, the bolt holes for the bumper were different. I ended up putting the older style bumper on my w200. The reason was I have a plow on front that uses the bumper bolt holes for mounting. The holes were in the wrong place on the mid 80's bumper. With a welder and drill this difference could be adjusted.

I would look on Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market for bumper brackets and perhaps a bumper. Shipping on a bumper could be expensive because of its length.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Keep the suggestions coming. Please. I will update with progress as well. Trying to decide on a grants kustoms steel rear roll pan or a d150 fiberglass pan. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
11,476 Posts
Bonded on fiberglass will not rust.

Welded on or bolted on steel can and given time will rust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.