Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Front receiver hitch ???

10156 Views 21 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  AH64ID
Anyone have a picture of a front receive hitch installed?
I would like to see how it far it hangs down before I order one.
Please include the brand also.

Thanks
Dan
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,525 Posts
i have one on my full built front replacement bumper, but dont have just the front hitch... its the same height as where the frame connects to the front bumper...

· Registered
64 Posts
I don't have one but I have been looking. I haven't been able to find any good installed pictures either, but I've searched and downloaded all the instructions to figure out how they install and where they come out from underneath the truck. Hidden Hitch/Reese/Draw-tite/Cequent (all the same hitch) comes out just below the plastic valence, 500 pound capacity. Valley (may be same hitch also) comes out just below the valence, 500 pound capacity. Curt makes their own and it also comes out below the valence, 350 pound capacity. Warn makes one that comes through the valence. I've never been able to find a Putnam. The only other front hitch I've been able to find is the Bodiak which mounts on the tow hooks and basically puts the receiver dead center between them, supposedly 500 pound capacity. The whole hitch is exposed on the Bodiak and I've read where it will bend down the tow hooks if any weight is attached to the hitch. Besides the Bodiak, they all mount the same which means drilling required.

After all that, I'm pretty sure I'm getting the Warn. It seems the most hidden, leaves the same ground clearance as the stock valence, and has the highest weight capacity

Hope this helps.

· Registered
142 Posts
Dunno if this is what you are looking for, but I made these myself. Made them for a front weight bracket.

· Registered
142 Posts
I bolted them to where the factory tow hooks were. Just something i thought up.

· Registered
2,503 Posts
i just went outside to take a look at it and it is bolted and welded do the frame so its not going anywhere the sticker says 750lbs tongue weight and 7500lbs towing weight thats higher then what has been posted so far but it doesn't have a brand label on it, probably been scratched off sorry

· Premium Member
10,324 Posts
I have the Draw-Tite front receiver and my dad has the WARN. My draw-tite sits just below the valance, no trimming necessary and the Warn sits in the valance.. trimming necessary.

I prefer the height of the WARN, but the mounting seems a little more stout on the draw-tite.

I plan to have my draw-tite modified to raise the receiver.

· Banned
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone, I ordered a drawtite for E-trailer.com.
I looks stronger then the Curt due to the 2 extra bottom mounting bolts. As for the Warn, I have not been able to find one on the interned anywhere.
Dan

· Registered
64 Posts
i just went outside to take a look at it and it is bolted and welded do the frame so its not going anywhere the sticker says 750lbs tongue weight and 7500lbs towing weight thats higher then what has been posted so far but it doesn't have a brand label on it, probably been scratched off sorry
I think that is one of those universal fit receivers made for the back of a truck. The ends are adjustable in and out to accommodate various frame widths. Looks like it was put together with the receiver part upside down to raise it up a little. They are usually bolted together, yours is welded.

· Registered
132 Posts
does anyone have the part number for a 06-07 3500 warn front hitch receiver??? i cant seem to find it?? all I can find is one for their trans4mer front bush bar.

· Registered
64 Posts
The part number is 65370 for 2003-2005. I would think it would fit 2003 and newer like the other brands do. Aren't the frame and lower half of the bumper the same?:confused013:

· Registered
132 Posts
:yourock:
But I called warn and they told me that hitch wont fit into 06+ only up to 05????? :confused013:
I thought the front part was the same??????

· Registered
132 Posts
when i was looking up reese and drawtite/hidden hitch it seems like their hitches for the front fit 03-07??? what gives???
will this warn one fit??

· Banned
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It looks like the Warn will fit the 2006 as it does not use any existing bolts or holes. You have to drill 4 holes on the bottom of the frame and install 4 nuts and bolts to hold it there.

· Premium Member
10,324 Posts
does he have the warn on his 06?
Yes

It looks like the Warn will fit the 2006 as it does not use any existing bolts or holes. You have to drill 4 holes on the bottom of the frame and install 4 nuts and bolts to hold it there.
You have to drill on any year, AFIK.. I had to drill 4 holes in my 05..

What they may be referring to is the Laramie bumper, that I think started in 06, that is much bigger.. The receivers aren't designed to clear that bumper.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.