Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a difficult question without any pictures. Ill try anyways. There are two different locking hub types on the first gens that i am aware of. The locking mechanism on one is a tab in the center that goes from free to locked, whereas the other rotates the entire hub to lock. Now here comes the question. Are these hubs interchangeable between axles? Im swapping front axles and always liked the tab style better than the other. Appreciate the patience with my stupidity.

·
Premium Member
4,215 Posts
This might be a difficult question without any pictures. Ill try anyways. There are two different locking hub types on the first gens that i am aware of. The locking mechanism on one is a tab in the center that goes from free to locked, whereas the other rotates the entire hub to lock. Now here comes the question. Are these hubs interchangeable between axles? Im swapping front axles and always liked the tab style better than the other. Appreciate the patience with my stupidity.
Pretty positive they interchange, the lever ones are harder to find and I don’t think they make them anymore. The other style is still produced by warn.

Reactions: jwak

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
NO 1 is internal and the Hub with the big nob is internal hub you have to change the whole front hub assy.

·
Registered
23,452 Posts
If they are found on the same year an model axle they should be interchangeable. Probably different brands and styles of hubs to fit the same axle. Do they a have the same bolts/screws (size and pattern) holding both on.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
1981 to 1989 -90 had the slectro matic hub's after that they went to outer style locking hub .Same axle just different hub is all .

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hubs

The hubs will not interechange the selectro is an external drive hub. The warn hubs are internal drive hub. There are no splines inside the selectro wheel hub. You can Google East coast gear supply and look at the different wheel hubs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.