Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Front lift for 36" tires

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  8lugcustomz 
#1 ·
What brand lift kit do you like for the front of a '99 4x4 so 35" tires wont rub the rear inside fender well,

I have 33" tires now. Just want smallest lift so 35" ers wont rub.

Give your opinions, of parts you would prefer (springs or spacer,arms,track bar kit etc etc)and brand

Thanks Rick

#3 ·
I ment 35" not 36" in my title

Looking at 315/75/16 BFG KOs and I have 16x8" eagle alloys.

I tryed putting my rims off my other truck on the front to see how they would fit. They are 35/12.5/16.5s BFGs on 9.75" wide rims. The specs sheet list them the same height as the 315/75/16s

#8 ·
same here, i have a 2" leveller and the 315's only rub on my lower control arms at full lock. but thats a backspacing issue, not lift height. oh and i measured my 315's, and theyre about 33.75". i have to enter 33.5" on my smarty to get my speedometer bang on.

#9 ·
lift

im not a fan of Top Gun Customz. I bought their 5" lift and the darn nose was high for two years till i broke down and had to buy new skyjacker 4.5 springs. All that kit is Tuff Country 4.5 lift with their 5" springs. They wouldnt fix the problem with the lift and told me my truck was sagging in the rear. Well I can add and 4.5 rear lift and 5 front means its 1/2" nose high. the 4.5 skyjackers leveled her out. Poor Poor customer service.

#14 ·
im not a fan of Top Gun Customz. I bought their 5" lift and the darn nose was high for two years till i broke down and had to buy new skyjacker 4.5 springs. All that kit is Tuff Country 4.5 lift with their 5" springs. They wouldnt fix the problem with the lift and told me my truck was sagging in the rear. Well I can add and 4.5 rear lift and 5 front means its 1/2" nose high. the 4.5 skyjackers leveled her out. Poor Poor customer service.
Thats probly why its only 900 bucks. you cant beat the skyjacker suspensions.

#11 ·
I had 315s on mine stock for a while. They only rubbed the control arms are full steering lock. They were on stock offset wheels. You can fit these tires great with a leveling kit. Theyre all pretty much the same.

#13 ·
I just did the 2.5 lift on the front to level it and put 35'' on it. It doesn't rub at all. Leveling kit is easy to do and you can get it for like $120 I think.... I don't remember what I payed for mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.