Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering if anyone has had any experience with front end rebuilding im not sure if its worth doing my self or having a shop do it. just trying to weigh cost vs pain in the azz

·
Premium Member
12,049 Posts
painful when don't have all the tools or experience. Hubs will wear you out geting apart. You're supposed to ruin one figuring out first time. Try getting some overtime and pay for the job.

·
Registered
251 Posts
yeah its a PITA i did mine rented the tools from advanced for ball joints and did the socket extention power steering trick for the hubs it also put knew rotors, pads, cailber, brake lines, steering brace, and bd 3rd gen track bar it drives total different now i still need to do the 09 steering an it will be all new

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
It all depends on what you want to try. I had never done it before, but the price quoted to me made me want todo it. I spent about $300 on tools, but have since used them on my wifes truck and have save money. But if you dont want to get into a tough dirty job, get theovertime and pay some one to do it. I got alot of stisfaction doing it my self and pretty much broke even the first time.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Its a huge PITA but doable. I started on a fri. afternoon and finished sun. night. I had most of the tools and rented/borrowed the ones i didnt. I am not spending $350+ on one hub again so i went with a free spin kit when i did mine. Have extra wheels to make parts runs when you break stuff too. If you run into problems ask the forum, tons of guys on here who have done this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.