Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 QCSB 4wd 5.9 Cummins
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just seeing if anyone can point me in the right direction of which front end parts I should get just for preventative maintenance and a little bit smoother ride. I have an 03 Dodge Ram 2500 with 300k and was thinking about replacing shocks, ball joints upper/lower and steering stabilizers. Anything else I should replace? Thanks

·
Registered
2004 QCSB 4wd 5.9L, 187k miles, AirDog FP-100, Cooper Discoverer ATS XLT 285/70 17, otherwise stock
52 Posts
I just did this on my '04. I did the upgraded T-Style Mopar drag link/tie rod steering linkage. Do a quick search and you can find it. It also has a different pitman arm to accomodate a slightly different angle. While I was in there, I went ahead and put in new track bar bushings (some will say just buy an aftermarket track bar). I did upper/lower balljoints, Bilstein 5100 steering stabilizer, front axle u-joints, new front hubs, sway bar bushings and end links, blue top steering gear (my factory one was leaking) and a BD Diesel steering brace. Only thing left on my list now is new shocks. I had 185k miles on the truck and I think everything was mostly original, so it was time.

·
Registered
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 QCSB 4wd 5.9 Cummins
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok cool thank you.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
I put Rancho shocks on my 08 2wd. Much improved ride. I'd like to replace the sway bar rubber bushings with a less deformable bushing. If the ball joints jiggle, time to replace. Steering stabilizer probably more for big tires, can't go wrong if it's never been done.

·
Clayton @ DDP Motorsports
3,913 Posts
A lot of our customers go with a thuren suspension kit. Front coil springs, front adjustable track bar and front shocks.
They are designed to give you a buttery smooth ride and i run all thuren on my personal 2006 mega cab. Hands down the best suspension in my opinion.

as far as the steering, you can do thuren's kit or we sell quite a few synergy upgraded steering kits.

ball joints, alot of customers like the moog, kryptonite, emf and carli. some are harder to find more then others.

feel free to give me a shout anytime or email us for a faster response.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2004 QCSB 4wd 5.9L, 187k miles, AirDog FP-100, Cooper Discoverer ATS XLT 285/70 17, otherwise stock
52 Posts
A lot of our customers go with a thuren suspension kit. Front coil springs, front adjustable track bar and front shocks.
They are designed to give you a buttery smooth ride and i run all thuren on my personal 2006 mega cab. Hands down the best suspension in my opinion.

as far as the steering, you can do thuren's kit or we sell quite a few synergy upgraded steering kits.

ball joints, alot of customers like the moog, kryptonite, emf and carli. some are harder to find more then others.

feel free to give me a shout anytime or email us for a faster response.

[email protected]
Whats the best spring option if I want comfort but minimal to no lift? Stock 2004 2500 4wd. I just bought new tires and I'm afraid if I go too high, they will "shrink" (285/70/17)

·
Clayton @ DDP Motorsports
3,913 Posts
Whats the best spring option if I want comfort but minimal to no lift? Stock 2004 2500 4wd. I just bought new tires and I'm afraid if I go too high, they will "shrink" (285/70/17)

sorry for the delay, the XS springs would be a lift height of 1.75. would that be sufficient for you?

They are softer then the normal 2 inch and 3 inch but not too soft if that makes sense.

Clayton

1 - 7 of 7 Posts