Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after 250,000 miles our 98.5 2500 is starting the death wobble. Upper and lower ball joints were done about 20,000 miles ago. I just replaced the steering stabalizer. Where do I need to go from here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Panhard bar would be what I'd try.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Can I get it from a parts store or is it going to be a factor dodge part?
I don't know if the chain stores carry them or not. You can check their websites. I'm ordering one from Rock Auto.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I haven't ordered it yet, but the one I chose is $83.

·
Premium Member
11,947 Posts
Find what am loose and fix. Caster should be as close to 4 if possible. bad tires can cause wobble also. Don't just throw parts without justify. Stablizer is good to check. Looseness in straight ahead position. You feel.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine started to about a month ago, and my steering got real loose. The track bar bushing was toast, and after I replaced it, I haven't had that problem. But definitely check for loose components in the steering/suspension.

Sent from my VS920 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,036 Posts
Never had it. :confused013:

But I would check for any damage front end parts, shocks, ball joints, tie-rod ends, track bar, etc. Double check the balance on the tires as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.