Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like when i close my drivers side door it catches on the stricker. I checked for play but there is none, but it seems to be getting worse. I dont hang of the door goin in or out of the truck. Is there a pin and bushing rebuild for the 3rd gens or do i have to replace the whole hinge. like i said there is no play but it is sagging and getting worse.
Thanks

·
Registered
593 Posts
You can loosen the bolts on the hinges then have someone move the door to where you want it and tighten it back up. I have to do this on mine every 6-8months or so. . .

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Guess I need to do this too. My drivers door sounds like tin when I close it, but none of the others do? :(

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mine is the same way..I guess I need to try this also!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does anyone know do you loosen the bolts on the door side or the pillar side? Some of the bolts have a torx end on em, not sure if thats an adjustment too? I dont understand where the play is to get the adjustment.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
Best way is to remove the striker, then close the door. Check body lines and gaps for proper alignment. If the door is low at the rear (away from the hinge) then you must loosen then bolts on the A pillar just enough that you can move the door up. Continue making adjustments without the striker in place. once the door closes as it should and everything is aligned tighten the hinge bolts back up and verify one last time. Then you can put the striker back and adjust it so it does not force the door up or down. You also adjust the striker to set how far in the door closes. It should be flush with surrounding sheet metal.

Reactions: Chico103

·
Registered
16 Posts
That makes perfect sense, thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts