Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Diesel Head
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have blown 2 u joints up and my drive shaft has beat around under the truck 2 different times at 65mph :banghead::doh: We through bolted the ujoint with GM style U bolts and it has held 2 20psi launches so far. Now I have a vibration over 50mph (towards the top of 2nd gear) wondering if every ones does this or is it just because mine has been beat like a circus animal

Hope it stays in now, sure is fun leaving at 20psi 0-60 is FUN :party018:

·
Registered
896 Posts
I can run 60 in 4wd without vibration. I would have a drive-line shop check your front drive line, there's a good chance that it may have gotten bent, or had a balancing weight knocked off when it came out.

·
Diesel Head
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can run 60 in 4wd without vibration. I would have a drive-line shop check your front drive line, there's a good chance that it may have gotten bent, or had a balancing weight knocked off when it came out.
Yea its vibrating pretty good now but its fun leavin at 20psi :stirpot:

By the looks of it and the way it chucked the slip yolk 25 yards off the side of the road the SECOND time it let go at 65 I'm betting your correct.... Hopefully the 1/8th mile is no big deal cause im gonna run it wednesday at the track :shock:

I gotta give it to BD they build one hell of a trans pan for it to hold up to a broke drive shaft beating the hell out of it in 4wd at 70mph:shock:

Kevin:hehe:

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Could be out of balance, but I'd put money on a cracked u-joint or the CV joint.

·
Diesel Head
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess ill try to find a new shaft. The u joint is new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts