Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am wanting to put some JL'S in my doors but I don't know how to wire them up.I have factory infinite speakers in them now and they have 4 wires going to each speaker so does anybody know which wires I need to use.Car audio shop said something about bypassing some wires,by the way I have a 02 2500.Any info will help THANKS

·
Cummins Enthusiast
669 Posts
There is a heck of a lot more than 4 wires....:thud: There is a fairly hefty harness that comes off those 6x9's, IIRC.

Each front speaker has an amp attached to it, and that amp powers the back two speakers also.

When I installed new speakers front and back, an amplifier, and a new headunit I just ran new speaker wire and didn't even try to use any of the factory wiring. I got a little confused as the factory wires aren't color coated like your typical stereo wiring. It took a while and wasn't easy, but new wiring worked the best for, especially since I had to run the speaker wire to my amp anyway.

What are you trying to do exactly? Are you using an amp?

·
Registered
163 Posts
There is a heck of a lot more than 4 wires....:thud: There is a fairly hefty harness that comes off those 6x9's, IIRC.

Each front speaker has an amp attached to it, and that amp powers the back two speakers also.

When I installed new speakers front and back, an amplifier, and a new headunit I just ran new speaker wire and didn't even try to use any of the factory wiring. I got a little confused as the factory wires aren't color coated like your typical stereo wiring. It took a while and wasn't easy, but new wiring worked the best for, especially since I had to run the speaker wire to my amp anyway.

What are you trying to do exactly? Are you using an amp?
Same here I rewired all my speakers. You'll really like those JL's man thats what I'm running.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts