Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 9.25” AAM front diff is leaking from the pinion seal. Should I do the whole kit with both seals or just the outside one? I have done the outside one my self on the rear of another truck and it went fine, idk how to do the inside one bit I’m sure I can learn.

My rear is leaking slowly still, bought the kit a while back and still haven’t made time. The front diff started leaking but it’s worse and dripping so I need to do them both now I guess. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
980 Posts
Best to do both but look up how to do the inside one and you may not feel like tackling it. If that is the case you can probably get away with just doing the outside.

Reactions: s10010001

·
Registered
27 Posts
I replaced the outside one on my pickup about 10k miles ago. Still not leaking. I used a NAPA seal.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the outside one on my pickup about 10k miles ago. Still not leaking. I used a NAPA seal.

Yea I was looking at it, I’m just gonna do the outside. AAM tripe seal in the rear (already have it) and a parts store one in the front since I can’t get one jere by Tuesday when I will have time to do the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts