Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
problem #6,954 on 04 ram 3500 4x4 qc,auto,200K,DRW:
noticed my frt driver side inside rotor was being chewed up.so i took it apart and found inside pad almost completley gone and noticed one piston would not suck back in with the other.replaced with new caliper and pads and left chewed rotor(wasnt that bad,and both sides were bought the same thickness)on temp until i could put on new one.pump most of fluid out and added new. next day i could feel my truck slowing down way to quickly when let off accelerator so jacked up front and spun both tires.driver side wouldnt turn even half the turns as passen side and i could hear the caliper seized on it a little bit.plus when im driving it puls left to right back and worth making it hard to stay straight. so go and by new flex hose for both sides bleed em again and the sob is still trying to seize up. i can pull over pump braked a couple times and get out and crack bleeder which nothing really shoots out jus trickles a tiny bit and close it and get normal steering back until i have to brake again then it start all over again!?? dont know what eles to try ?

Premium Member
Probably master cylinder, might be something in the brake line too.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Registered
Just had the lines replaced on my front and it fixed this.

Trying to learn
He replaced both the flex lines already and still had the issue.
EDIT

Reactions: rghavana

Registered
He replaced both the flex lines already and still had the issue.
I would guess MC
The master cylinder can not cause this as it would cause both front brakes to hang and not just one side or the other. There has to be something in the line that is causing a 鈥渃heck valve鈥 type of situation.

Reactions: tryNto

Premium Member
Any abs codes? if not, I would guess replacement caliper or slide pins are bad.

Registered
Any abs codes? if not, I would guess replacement caliper or slide pins are bad.
He replaced the caliper and the soft hose already.

OP did you properly lube the pins for the caliper on install?

Premium Member
Yeah I am referring to replacement, alot of bad rebuilds out there , I would double check.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
no abs codes,but i did have to replace the speed sensor due to hub bearing replacement and was in hurry and left dust shield off temp.and rotor chewed it in half so disaemb."again" and put old one back on.everything worked fine after that.i did lube the pins but took it all apart again yesterday finding out the dam pad clips were upside down(bottom on top on bottom)馃う馃徎鈥嶁檪锔忦煠︷煆烩嶁檪锔忦煒nd break dust everywhere.could barley pry pads out so cleaned everything and greased up clips and end of caliper pistons and so far so good馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔

Reactions: 24hrsparkey

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
if they act up again im gunna replace the hard lines as 4everlearning suggested馃馃徔

Premium Member
If caliper good, glide pins are good.
front abs on these truck run on separate channels left /right.
Issue with isolation /dump valves in HCU, either electrical or mechanical, could cause caliper to not release.
Need functioning speed sensors to tell HCU what to do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts