Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been in the process of building a new bumper for my truck. the original plan was for it to fit with the stock grill. after getting started i decided to change to a sport grill which changed where the bumper would sit on the truck. the pictures cover the design, build, and fit up. now i am in the process of fabricating a filler strip for under the headlights due to the sport grill coming down farther than the original. i will post more pics as i go with the filler strip.

JustCloud : 2012-12-02_16-28-24_280.jpg
JustCloud : RAM bumper.jpg
JustCloud : 2012-12-14_18-50-26_765.jpg
JustCloud : 2012-12-14_19-53-31_408.jpg
JustCloud : 2012-12-17_17-41-58_562.jpg
JustCloud : IMAG0017.jpg
JustCloud : IMAG0018.jpg

·
Canadian Diesel Junkie
1,274 Posts
Now THAT is a nice home built bumper! Got away from the clones and gaudy styles we all see everyday.

Impressive.

Reactions: rexnovak

·
PA VICE PRESIDENT
4,650 Posts
Really great looking bumper!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
many thanks for all the compliments. to answer questions...... planning on two coats of macropoxy primer and then black stone gaurd to match the rocker pannels. as far as the stock bumper, that is scrap metal after the three deer i hit within a 6 week period......

·
Registered
253 Posts
Looks good man. How thick is the plates and the how did you bend the tube? Been wanting to do something similar to mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cool. I've got a big stick of 2x4 sitting out in the garage that was going to go on my Jeep but looks like I'm gonna get rid of it and pick up a truck. I was just commenting to a buddy the other day that there doesn't seem to be many people doing DIY stuff on here then I find this thread. I'm surprised there aren't a lot more threads like this, especially with the ridiculous prices aftermarket bumpers go for on these trucks.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts