Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im looking at a 2003 Ram 2500 cummins 4x4 for sale and the guy who has it says the 4x4 doesnt work because one of the front axle shafts has stripped splines. I have a '94 12 valve right now and have never had a problem or heard of one like that. Just looking to see if anyone else has heard or had that problem. Im not sure if the splines on the axle are made softer then the splines they go into on the diff, I wouldnt mind having to change the axle but if the diff splines are NFG as well Im not sure if I want to get into that much of a mess. Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
my buddy has a some wat modded 94 12v with about 1100ftlb tq. recently when he hooked chains with another truck on asphalt u could hear a pop. wasnt sure wat it was. he then found out his 4wd was not working. went to replace wheel bearing and the half shaft just fell out. he showd it to me and asked why it didnt have ne splines. took a peek in the axle and saw that it was a clean break at the differential. no other damage just broke at the end of the splines. idk thats why his 4wd didnt work tho lol!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts