Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the correct Spicer # for the non-greaseable front axle U joints for a 2015 ram 2500? I have searched it and keep coming up with different numbers...not sure which are the correct ones. Would prefer to get the good ones and have everything already on hand before tearing it apart.

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Ram Mega Cab, Auto, 4x4
901 Posts
Dana Spicer 5-3212X

It was a pain trying to find that when I replaced the old ones in my axle, so I know the feeling. No concrete info anywhere. I don't even recall how I found it now, but those are indeed the ones you need. Autoplicity at the time was the cheapest place I could find them.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oreilly's has them for 90 bucks apeice. high, but not terrible. I would rather put good ones in than do this job again in a few miles lol

·
Registered
901 Posts
O'Reilly says they don't fit my truck:unsure:. But they are definitely the ones I installed. I checked out Autoplicity - holy cow! They have more than doubled in price!!! Just 5 months ago they were under $50.

·
Registered
901 Posts
The part number I posted is the 1555 series. AAM1555WJ

2010 Black 6.7L MegaCab 2500 SLT, 4x4, Auto

·
White Lightning
14,067 Posts
O'Reilly says they don't fit my truck:unsure:. But they are definitely the ones I installed. I checked out Autoplicity - holy cow! They have more than doubled in price!!! Just 5 months ago they were under $50.
OP needs them for a 2015...you have a 2010, at least according to your signature.

There were a few changes from 2010 to 2014...

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
There was a good driveline guy where I used to live. He basically just build drive shafts. He told me he always measured the pulls and replaced accordingly. He never replaced by part number only.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Reactions: crazyrunner33

·
White Lightning
14,067 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
I've always wondered the same. I researched for a while before purchasing as I couldn't find concrete evidence. I think it was a post somewhere on this forum that someone mentioned this was the one to get.

·
White Lightning
14,067 Posts
I've always wondered the same. I researched for a while before purchasing as I couldn't find concrete evidence. I think it was a post somewhere on this forum that someone mentioned this was the one to get.
That’s why I went OE on my 2014 RAM 3500....

·
Registered
901 Posts
That’s why I went OE on my 2014 RAM 3500....

I normally would have, but at the time, I wasn't paying double the price (or triple, depending on where you get it) when I know the Spicers are high quality and found the pair for $100. Mine weren't even bad when I replaced them at 237K miles. The only reason for replacing them was I already had the front end apart to replace wheel bearings and ball joints.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am getting ready to do brakes/rotors trying to track down a vibration, and have some symptoms of a bad u-joint as well. Just trying to get all the ducks in a row before starting the project as i live out in the sticks with only an oreillys in town. everything else is 45min away.

Its really strange that there seems to be so much variance in who says what u-joint is the right one. Almost seems like mopar used whatever they could get their hands on. I might just go back with OE, but with only 87k on the truck, i sure expected them to last longer.

Reactions: Electrojake

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I'm currently sourcing rear DS u joints from Dennys. I'd like to find US made greaseable joints but Dennys has good prices on AAM, including my AAM 1485s. I'm just waiting to hear what they recommend.

Reactions: bigcrunch

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
I bought these AAM units from Torque King -- first line of items:

They were indistinguishable in every detail from the OEM units, and only $60.

Reactions: 6.7L_MegaCab

·
08 Cummins
2,318 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
TK is an excellent company! I bought the ball joint install/removal set TS5004, which are made in Montana.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
AAM is OEM.
Yup. Provided for reference only. I played the same game trying to find part numbers. I believe the greasable joint on the same page presents the 3212X number.

Some Dana/Spicer service parts are import manufacture now. At least AMM puts their name on these and says they'll hold up. As I said, they are indistinguishable in every way from from the OEM units, like they were forged in the same dies. And the OEM units have to hold up to the manufacturer's warranty, so they seemed a good place to start since most others are in short supply.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
The AAM part number for 2010 and up is 74081555. Denny’s sells them for $39.95 + shipping but like so many things today they are out of stock. The last ones I bought I did an internet search and found some at a 4 wheel drive builder supply shop in New Hampshire.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts